F135 Engine Life Management Team Manager - Global Services Engineering
Location: Tinker AFB, Oklahoma US
Job Number: 10472
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01351409 Date posted 09/11/2019 City Tinker AFB State Oklahoma Country United States
United States of America
PW215: Tinker Air Force Base OC-ALC 3001 Staff Dr, Tinker AFB, OK, 73145 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have an exciting and rare opportunity for an Engine Life Management Team Manager to be based in Oklahoma City.
Global Services Engineering (GSE) is seeking a dynamic individual to lead our F135 Military Repair Engine Life Management Team (ELMT). In this role you will collaborate with internal and external customers at the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center (OC-ALC) and ensure proper execution of military repairs for the F135 program.
As Engine Life Management Team Manager, you will:
- Coordinate and provide technical support for development of new repairs and modification of existing repairs.
- Respond to customer inquiries on repair related issues. Work hand in hand with JPO Engineering, USAF Engineering and Planning to provide PW Specification and Technical Data clarifications and issue resolution.
- Coordinate local participation in the planning and execution of repair tool qualifications and source demonstration activity as required. Ensure availability of assets, support equipment and personnel to conduct a successful event.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of MFA and QCPC data from internal and external customers at the depot and develop action plans to address top drivers.
- Build staffing plans and recruit talent / outsource to support program needs.
- Provide direct supervision of the local team. Provide employee coaching and mentoring and provide periodic performance feedback using the Performance Connections process.
- Coordinate and/or provide staffing for Analytical Condition Inspection (ACI), Critical Process Audits, Overhaul Audits and other Depot audits in support of program requirements.
- Support GSE Repair Program Managers through preparation of briefing materials and participation in Repair Reviews, SIPT, IPMT and other forums as required.
- Contribute to the creation and enhancement of engineering standard work.
10% Travel is Anticipated
- BS degree in an Engineering Discipline
- 15+ years of experience managing or supporting engineering or manufacturing
- 8+ years of leadership and project management experience
- 3+ years direct supervisory responsibilities
- US citizenship is required due to government program requirements
- Familiarity with repair and/or manufacturing processes including conventional and non-conventional machining, welding, plasma spray and coatings
- Advanced degree
- Excellent business judgment and professional maturity
- Ability to craft superior communication at all levels of the organization
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- Experience with direct interaction with USG customers
- Experience formulating and negotiating USG contracts
- Proven understanding of Earned Value Management
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what nurtures our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01351409
Community / Marketing Title: F135 Engine Life Management Team Manager - Global Services Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tinker AFB, Oklahoma US