Materials Management Data Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10470
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01352049 Date posted 09/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
The Materials Center of Excellence is seeking an experienced Materials Management Data Engineer to join our team of analytics experts. You will be responsible for growing and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. You will also work closely with our data scientists and data analysts in developing and maintaining an optimal data delivery environment that can support many key business initiatives. In addition, this person will work with presentation layer/GUI software in development of standardized reporting dashboards that provide support for tactical decision-making and key metric reporting.
- Craft and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture (primarily in Oracle)
- Craft data sets for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in optimizing production queueâ€s and material allocation.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Specializes in presentation layer GUI software (primarily Business Objects / Lumira) in developing standardized reporting suites
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Â A Bachelorâ€s degree in information systems, computer science, or related business field
- 5 or more yearsâ€ development experience with relational data mart and data warehousing environments.
- US Citizenship is required due to government contract
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Â Working with GUI software (Business Objects, Qlik) is an added benefit.
- A general understanding of supply chain operations, along with SAP Sales & Logistics transactional experience is also a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01352049
Community / Marketing Title: Materials Management Data Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US