F135 Norway Logistics Program Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10467
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01352438 Date posted 09/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it, and as part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We have an opportunity for a Logistics Program Manager to join our team.
Do you have the experience we are looking for?
We at the F135 International Sustainment organization are responsible for leading teams in the execution of Performance Based Logistics contracts and providing propulsion system Logistics Program Management support for International fleets.
As the primary propulsion sustainment interface to Norway, the Norway Logistics Program Manager (LPM) integrates the efforts of the internal support organizations (Production, Site Activation, Supply Chain Management, Customer Support Engineering, Support Equipment Operations, Fleet Management, etc.) to ensure readiness of the Royal Norwegian F135 fleet, that all aspects of fleet operations are sustained to the highest quality standards, and that all Norway-unique and Global Sustainment Solution requirements are met.
As the F135 Norway LPM, a successful candidate will be expected to:
- Manage Customer expectations and priorities
- Provide logistics support and collaborate with the Customer from flight line interface to sustainment performance
- Define and meet peculiar and non-peculiar sustainment requirements, ensuring Customer perspectives and needs are considered in plan development and contracting
- Ensure funding is identified to meet Customer unique requirements
- Evaluate and manage Customer-specific business metrics, operational metrics, forecasts and fleet management plans for retrofits and modifications
- Provide written and verbal briefs/communications to internal & external stakeholders to status health and sustainability of the Norwegian fleet propulsion systems
- Lead Norwegian-specific IPT to coordinate process execution with internal functional departments across the value stream (CSE, Engineering, SE, in-Country FSEs/team, SCM, fleet management, etc. )
- Integrate the external stakeholders to ensure Norway-specific Programmatic readiness and seamless sustainment solution (JPO, NOR MoD, LM, etc)
- Occasional overtime and working outside of core business hours (due to time zone differences) may be required to meet program and customer needs.
- Travel of approximately 20%
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Logistics or Management disciplines
- 7+ years in Engineering, Logistics or a Management disciplines
- 5+ years with an advanced degree
- US Citizen, due to federal contracts.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Familiar with technical and logistics field support processes, and engine maintenance practices
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong ACE and process improvement leadership, ability to communicate at all levels, prioritize tasks, and plan effectively
- Familiarity with International Trade Compliance/Export requirements
- Experience with the F135 Program and CTOL variant
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01352438
Community / Marketing Title: F135 Norway Logistics Program Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US