Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10462
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01351820 Date posted 09/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion powers innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to bring your career to at Pratt & Whitney?
We have an opportunity for a Senior Manager, Fleet Management Programs at our East Hartford, CT campus.
The Fleet Programs group oversees long-term engine maintenance agreements with commercial airline customers. The combined size of our business portfolio of contracts is over $45B in lifetime sales.
Contractual services include engine overhaul and repair, on-wing and off-wing maintenance planning, coordination of on-wing services, engine health monitoring and logistical support.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Fleet managers lead and own a piece of our business portfolio. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Working with airline customers to deliver contract services and ensure reliable engine operations;
- Proposing and executing strategies for optimizing the profitability of some of our largest and most complex contracts.
- Maintaining timely and accurate engine removal forecasts, scheduling customer engines for required maintenance, coordinating work with our global network of overhaul and repair shops and technical teams and managing the workscope and cost of each engine shop visit.
- Collaborating with analysts to perform technical evaluations and financial analyses.
- Teaming with the Sales and Customer Support organizations to support customer needs.
- Supporting sales campaigns on key activities including business case analyses, contract drafting and structure and approval process.
The final labor grade (P4 vs. P5) will be determined based on your background and experience.
- Bachelorâ€s degree required; preferably in STEM or business field of study.
- 3 years of professional financial analysis, program management, or business case experience
- 5 years of cross-functional teaming experience is also a requirement.
- Master's or other advanced degree in a business or STEM field of study
- Minimum 3 years of prior application of continuous improvement methodologies/tools/practices in former positions held.
- Strong communication, influencing, presentation and data management/analysis skills
- Proven leadership skills coupled with a history of attaining results through influence and teamwork
- Prior customer-facing work experience in a technical or business role
- A fundamental understanding of gas turbine engines, airline operations and engine maintenance practices
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01351820
Community / Marketing Title: Fleet Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US