HSMC South Programmer/ Manufacturing Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10456
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01351259 Date posted 09/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
The Pratt & Whitney Hot Section Module Center Manufacturing Engineering Organization is seeking a highly motivated individual to support the production of turbine airfoils. This role will require significant interaction with the hourly work force, tool designers, engineering source approval, quality assurance, Integrated Product Teams, and Engine Program assembly partners.
- Creation and production support of robot programs for manufacturing equipment (ABB and Fanuc)
- Help craft and maintain shop floor work instructions (including specifications, engineering changes, process control, and, tooling definition/requirements)
- Identify and implement shop floor process optimization and control methods to eliminate or prevent quality turn backs, escapes, and reduce overall product cost
- Investigate and troubleshoot manufacturing problems. Conduct timely root cause and corrective action analysis as well as provide technical support to Operations
- Provide focused and effective leadership in eliminating EHS and Ergonomic risks
- US citizenship is required due to government contract
- BS in any of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Information Technology or related OR
- AS degree with a minimum 2 years of experience
- Experience in programming robots and/or CNCs (ABB, Fanuc)
- Ability to interpret manufacturing drawings and 3D models.
- Experience with CAD software is helpful.
- Experience in the following types of coatings would be of great benefit, but not required:Thermal Barrier Coatings, Reduced Pressure Plasma Spray, Air Plasma Spray, Electron Beam Physical Vapor Deposition, Cathodic Arc Vapor Deposition
- A working knowledge of the ACE operating system using Process Certification, Value Stream Mapping, Standard work, QCPC, Root Cause and Corrective Action, and Set-up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing is helpful
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01351259
Community / Marketing Title: HSMC South Programmer/ Manufacturing Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US