Manager, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10452
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01351835 Date posted 09/10/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney (East Hartford, CT) Digital Technology team is seeking a high-energy individual to join our Engineering Applications team. In this role you will have the opportunity to lead and execute projects in support of the engineering community and P&Wâ€s Product Lifecycle Management system, TeamCenter. You will be part of a highly collaborative team responsible for delivery of Product and Application Support to our customers and partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with engineering customer to lead PLM related projects and support to meet the customer requirements and achieve expected value.
- Deliver projects using standard project delivery processes.
- Lead PLM service restoration incidents with internal and external partners to restore application availability events.
- Support with internal and external partners to plan and execute global PLM requirements in support of world-class system availability and performance.
- Work with engineering PLM discipline team to provide full product lifecycle management.
- Support on the PLM Interdisciplinary Program Management Team to provide project status and updates.
- Work with key PLM suppliers in support of project delivery and support.
- Lead deployment of application performance monitoring tools to improve the performance and reliability of PLM systems.
- Manage performance of PLM application management support contract performance.
- Support engineering PLM integration solutions to enable data connectivity as defined in the PLM roadmap.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Preferred fields of study include Engineering and Computer Science
- Advanced degree preferred
- You are a U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree required
- 3+ yearsâ€ support experience of PLM applications, project management and implementation
- Advanced degree in a preferred field and related professional certifications
- 5+ years of implementation, support and project delivery experience on Siemens TeamCenter PLM application within an Aerospace Manufacturing Corporate environment
- Proven track record communicating to business leaders regarding PLM
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in a complex, service-intensive, goal-oriented environment
- Ability to develop strong relationships to use information and insights across key groups
- Strong personal leadership, organizational, relationship-building, and negotiation skills
- Ability to inspire confidence in management and to be recognized as the authority by internal business partners
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions in a timely manner sometimes with incomplete information, under tight deadlines and in pressure situations
- Expert ability to clearly, concisely and effectively communicate complex technical information and deliver briefings to senior staff, as well as deliver recommendations effectively to demanding audiences
- You have an intense passion for technology and an ability to learn quickly staying abreast of cutting edge technology, industry leading techniques and other skill sets
- Strong analytical, project management, problem-solving, interpersonal, leadership skills
- Proven effective utilization of Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) and a history of driving process improvements. Associate Certification is strongly preferred
- You're a dynamic problem solver with the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas
- Self-starter with willingness to take initiative, support strategic priorities, take ownership of assigned projects/initiatives and contribute to results and ability to work with a minimum supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and solid track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- Outstanding formal and informal presentation skills
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office and SAP
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01351835
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US