Bondroom Technician Edwards Air Force Base, CA
Location: Edwards AFB, California US
Job Number: 10445
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01352978 Date posted 09/10/2019 City Edwards AFB State California Country United States
United States of America
PW126: Edwards AFB 295 N. Wolfe Ave, Bldg 3810, Edwards AFB, CA, 93524 USA
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. This role will be working in Edwards Airforce Base, located in California! Pratt & Whitney is headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join our Team?
As a Bondroom Technician, you will ensure document accountability for jet engine parts, components, controls, sub-assemblies, support equipment tooling, and complete engines to meet audit and inventory requirements. You will perform periodic inspections on shop equipment, monitor and control calibration of tooling/equipment, consumable material usage, hazardous waste disposal, and shop towel program.
- Complete and maintain required paperwork in accordance with established procedures, work orders, tools, equipment, deviation reports, sign-offs, and logs.
- Participate in requirements of ACE/CI programs, training, and activities to achieve company goals.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment.
- Obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits, or certifications as required.
- Prepare tools and equipment for shipping.
- Handle and process hazardous material and its related wastes safely, and approved documented work instructions.
- Perform additional tasks in support of business objectives
High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
Strong computer skills required; Microsoft Office and SAP experience a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Flexibility toward overtime, weekends, and occasional holidays when required.
- Flexibility toward work alternate shifts as required.
- Ability to lift heavy objects as required.
- Ability to obtain security clearance required.
You will be able to obtain required security clearances within 12 months and maintain.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01352978
Community / Marketing Title: Bondroom Technician Edwards Air Force Base, CA
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edwards AFB, California US