Engine Technician – Edwards Air Force Base, CA in Lancaster/Palmdale, California
Location: Edwards AFB, California US
Job Number: 10443
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01351723 Date posted 09/10/2019 City Edwards AFB State California Country United States
United States of America
PW126: Edwards AFB 295 N. Wolfe Ave, Bldg 3810, Edwards AFB, CA, 93524 USA
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world. This is an exceptional opportunity at Edwards Air Force Base in Palmdale/Lancaster, California!
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join our Team? Are you looking for an exciting role that is integral to the success of our company? An opportunity exists for you to join us in the role of Engine Technician.
Your Typical duties:
- You will perform the work necessary to ensure engine production requirements and ensure quality standards are met for the overhaul and repair or test of F-135 engines or modules and associated new technologies.
- This role will include working on engines installed in the F-35 Aircraft as well as uninstalled engines in the back shop environment.
- You should have an understanding of maintenance information provided and working with team leaders through coordination with Technical Leads, Immediate Supervisor and Site Manager.
- Interface and lead with various other functions (Quality, Local FSR's, BEM's, Customers; U.S Air Force, LMAC etc.) to resolve issues and ensure timely product delivery.
- Complete the work priorities and assigned day-to-day tasks necessary to build, test and inspect Pratt and Whitney F135 gas turbine engines.
- This maintenance requirement will include engines installed in the F-35 Aircraft as well as uninstalled engines in the back shop environment.
- Understand maintenance information from team leaders through coordination with Technical Leads, Immediate Supervisor and Site Manager.
- Interface and oversee with various other functions (Quality, Local FSR's, BEM's, Customers; U.S Air Force, LMAC etc.) to resolve issues and ensure timely product delivery.
- Complete, every single day, the work priorities and assigned day-to-day tasks necessary to build, test and inspect Pratt and Whitney F135 gas turbine engines.
- As required, work with Flight Test engineering to improve methods and processes to build engines and related component test hardware.
- | One or more year experience in the disassembly, inspection, and assembly of gas turbine engines is a requirement
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office software is required.
- Ought to be willing to work all three shifts or overtime if required.
- Some Travel is the expectation
- Align with the company EH and S Policy and applicable requirements
- Align with the company Quality Policy and applicable rules and procedures
- Utilize all personal protective equipment as required
- Strong communication skills; self-motivated and a self- starter
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with others in diverse work environment.
- This position requires an individual who is detail oriented. Accuracy in work performed is a requirement.
- Bore-scope experience, familiarity with flight line maintenance operations, knowledge of non-powered Aerospace Ground Equipment, and a confirmed ability to use and interpret electronic technical manuals is preferred. You will also be able to work atop maintenance platforms, ascend/descend maintenance stands, lift 25 pounds to a height of 4 feet, and position self to perform maintenance/inspections underneath engine rails and inside the exhaust duct
- High school diploma or GED
- One or more year experience in the disassembly, inspection, and assembly of gas turbine engines is required
- Needs to be a US Citizen due to Federal Contracts
- 1 year of experience in the tear-down, build-up or inspection of jet engines.
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance or current Secret Clearance
- Previous experience in Aerospace/ Military Aircraft
- Bore-scope experience, familiarity with flight line maintenance operations, knowledge of non-powered Aerospace Ground Equipment
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to create a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
An Extraordinary Place To Work!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01351723
Community / Marketing Title: Engine Technician – Edwards Air Force Base, CA in Lancaster/Palmdale, California
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edwards AFB, California US