Materials Handler- 2nd Shift
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10437
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01351760 Date posted 09/10/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorer's heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, Middletown, CT has a job opening for a Materials Handler on 2nd Shift.
- Perform a wide variety of material processing tasks within an assigned area.
- Utilize computer to query various screens to retrieve pertinent information, make adjustments to inventories and record transactions.
- Work function and material type may vary per assigned area or location.
- Follow established methods, procedures and practices to receive, store, issue and transport a variety of materials such as rough stores, finished parts, consumable inventory, tooling and gages.
- Perform pick and pack, kitting and shipping operations to fulfill inplant and outside customer requirements.
- Ensure all hard copy documentation of transactions is correct, complete and entered electronically into system as required.
- Operate and maintain centralized cribs, mini cribs or automated dispensing equipment throughout shop areas.
- Maintain adequate levels of supplies and consumable material based on area needs.
- Support the assigned area by providing information and fulfilling special requests for approved items.
- Operate manual and automated storage retrieval systems.
- Perform physical inventory counts and item number verification to ensure proper levels of required materials are on hand or ready for distribution. Record findings and make adjustments to database.
- Operate a variety of packing and labeling equipment.
- Follow approved packing methods to prevent damage to parts during transport.
- Provide inside and outside material transportation services. Ensure loads are properly secured to prevent damage during transit.
- May be required to operate a variety of materials handling equipment including stackers, fork trucks, vans or pick-ups. Operate forklift or hoists to load or remove engines from or to flatbed or box trucks.
- Perform functions necessary to ship, receive, store and distribute a wide variety of materials from internal and external sources.
- Check shipping containers for damage that may occur in transit. Make sure that all related documentation is accurate and complete, and that material is entered into the electronic system.
- Refer difficulties to leader or supervisor.
- May be assigned to carry out tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individuals' skills.
- May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications within assigned area.
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- 0 - 3+ years related experience
- 0 - 3+ years in a manufacturing or shop environment
- Ability to operate a forklift
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01351760
Community / Marketing Title: Materials Handler- 2nd Shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US