Hot Section Engineering Combustor Durability Supervisor
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10436
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01346583 Date posted 09/10/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for a dedicated individual to take on a leadership role in our Hot Section Engineering (HSE) organization. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you will help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everyoneâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
HSE at Pratt & Whitney is currently looking for an experienced and highly-motivated engineer to join its team as a Hot Section Durability Combustor Lifing Manager in our East Hartford, CT location. In this role, the Manager will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
leading a team of engineers in completing technical assessments and analyses necessary to support design, development, validation, production implementation, and field management of combustor components. The Durability Discipline is highly-specialized with particular focus on advanced cooling designs, aerodynamics, heat transfer, lifing, coatings, high-temperature aerospace alloys and manufacturing.
The Durability Manager will lead and directly supervise a durability team focused on lifing and analysis of combustor components and this person will be the ultimate owner of life predictions. The Manager will be responsible for overseeing Engineering Standard Work (ESW) execution as well as continuous improvement and coordination with other disciplines and organizations. Close communication and alignment with the Combustor Aero team is a requirement. Mentoring, coaching, and career development for direct reports is a key part for the role. This person will also be a member of the HSE Durability leadership team that is responsible for driving the overall development of the discipline.
It is an exciting time at Pratt & Whitney and this is a unique opportunity for an experienced individual to join a team working cutting-edge technologies on the best engines in the world.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 8+ years Bachelors/5+ yearâ€s Masters of engineering experience in the design of cooled hot section components.
- 3+ years' of experience in technically guiding and mentoring aero-thermal engineers.
- Knowledge of Heat Transfer, Fluid Dynamics, Material Science, Statistics and Lifing Analysis.
- Strong knowledge of mission life modeling for modes such as oxidation, creep, corrosion and TMF.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, such as, investment casting, laser and EDM hole drilling, airflow, and metallic and ceramic coating processes.
- Experience in leading failure/root cause investigations.
- Proven leadership in engineering continuous improvement.
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience in rig planning and execution, development engine test support, field support and customer presentations.
- Strong engineering team leadership that will enable the transformation of the organization.
- The ability to create positive relationships and craft clear communication Analytical Skills
- Experience/Knowledge of Continuous Improvement tools such as Lean Six Sigma, ACE, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with a concentration of Heat Transfer and fluid Dynamics.
- Experience with technical assessments and analysisâ€<
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01346583
Community / Marketing Title: Hot Section Engineering Combustor Durability Supervisor
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US