Repair Design Lead
Location: Lansing, Michigan US
Job Number: 10433
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01349742 Date posted 09/10/2019 City Lansing State Michigan Country United States
United States of America
PW702: P&W Autoair, Inc. 5640 Enterprise Dr., Lansing, MI, 48911 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for a dedicated individual to support our organization.
At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at you will help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney such as working on the entire system and not just a single component? If so, we want to hear from you.
We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Repair Design Lead to be based in Lansing, Michigan.
The Repair Design Lead works with the Cases & Composites Group within the Global Services Engineering (GSE) Commercial repair group. You will be responsible for the development of repairs for commercial gas turbine engine parts, and including development of the repair concept, writing of the repair, obtaining internal approvals, obtaining FAA regulatory approval, and coordination with the end user.
As Repair Design Lead, you will:
- Coach and Mentor the Repair Design Engineers in the Cases & Composites Group by creating proficiency plans and reviewing portfolios
- Work with the Repair Design Manager to ensure task assignment promotes proficiency development
- Perform Discipline Reviews of tasks, and providing constructive feedback to the Repair Design Engineer
- Execute business critical tasks, and â€Fleet Leaderâ€ tasks to serve as examples for emerging technologies.
- Update Repair Method Work Instructions and Repair templates within Engineering Standard Work to incorporate current best practices, and update other documents to support the Design Discipline chiefâ€s Engineering Standard Work continuous improvement efforts.
- Create and Deliver focused training to support proficiency development and noted Quality Control Process Clinic opportunities.
- Provide design recommendations to technology programs aligned with the Sector
- Continue to develop an improved personal understanding of the technologies, engine systems, business systems, regulations and business needs of the sector.
- Foster an environment of creative technical ownership within the collaborative community of Global Services Engineering
5-10% travel is anticipated
- BS in Engineering and 7+ years of mechanical design experience OR Advanced Engineering degree and 5+ years of mechanical design experience
- 1+ year of experience with machining and welding manufacturing processes
- 1+ year of experience in the use of Unigraphics/NX or similar CAD application
- US citizenship is required due to government program requirements.
- BS in Mechanical, Aerospace or Materials Engineering or equivalent
- Exposure to cost and schedule management or team leadership is a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing processes such as plating, plasma spray, brazing or composite fabrication is also a plus.
- Team player
- Ability to build Positive Relationships
- Craft Clear Communication
- Possess Excellent Judgement and professional maturity
- Analytical Skills
- Participate in Process Improvement efforts
- Provide Creative solutions
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01349742
Community / Marketing Title: Repair Design Lead
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lansing, Michigan US