Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10429
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01351268 Date posted 09/09/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a great opportunity for a Tooling Coordinator in East Hartford, CT.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Are you highly motivated and enjoy operating in a dynamic environment?
Do you enjoy the challenges of process improvement and â€leanâ€ manufacturing initiatives?
We are seeking a technically talented individual, to support our Hot Section Module Center - North (HSMC-N) as a Tooling Coordinator.
In this role you will lead cycle counts for both Government Property and Pratt-owned tooling in HSMC-N using cycle count files created from the SAP database. Perform annual Government Property audits and any other agency/company audits which are scheduled during the year.
Job Summary -
- Ensure data files and cycle count data are accurate, maintained and all records updated appropriately
- Manage the 3rd party contract for offsite tooling storage/logistics and responsible for the oversight of all tooling that is stored at the locations, including moving tooling into the location and recalling the tooling from the storage location.
- Work with 3rd party storage site to ensure tooling is appropriately maintained and secured. Provide oversight and perform on site reviews of the location(s) as necessary to successfully complete tasks for audits and cycle counting.
- Work with the Government Property and Pratt groups to dispose of tooling that is approved to scrap using correct procedures.
- Work with the Government Property group to identify and mark tooling which needs to be updated based on government contract requirements.
- Research and respond to queries from Pratt employees on various tooling issues that arise.
- Maintain, document and install RFID tags on tooling as necessary.
- Expand tool management to high dollar tools (non perishable) and other areas required to support machine tool equipment throughout HSMC North
- Work with the Business Units and support organizations to manage and implement improved tool monitoring processes for HSMC North
- Bachelor Degree with 3+ years of manufacturing/shop experience, Associate's Degree with 5+ years of manufacturing/shop experience or, in lieu of degree, a High School Diploma/GED with 7+ years of manufacturing/shop experience.
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Able to show a demonstrated record of maintaining good logistic controls, emotional intelligence, and teaming abilities
- Previous SAP experience
- Strong familiarity with ACE tools and processes preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines and react quickly to changes in priorities
- Ability to work with and effectively communicate with all levels of employees in the organization
- Work independently without daily supervision
- Read and interpret technical manuals
- Requires high degree of specialized technical problem solving and creativity
- Exemplary record of overcoming obstacles with limited resources in a fast pace manufacturing environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01351268
Community / Marketing Title: Tooling Coordinator
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US