ENG-Development Operations Engineering Intern
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 10427
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01352057 Date posted 09/09/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The Pratt & Whitney Engineering organization is focused on delivering customer requirements, advancing market-differentiating technologies, leading continuous improvement and developing technical leadership.
Assembly Process Engineering Intern will be working closely with the Assembly Process and Tooling Engineers in an effort to deliver engineering build requirements to the assembly floor and to support technical issues that arise during engine assembly and teardown.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Ensure engineering requirements are met and maintained through engine builds
- Provide technical support of development assembly builds to engine mechanics
- Resolve or mitigate assembly concerns due to tooling and/or instrumentation use
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines to improve assembly processes and tooling
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- Fields of study: Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related engineering field
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and consistent record of collaboration, flexibility, innovation and initiative
- You have a real passion for learning and pursuing a career in engine assembly
- Hands on personality who has a passion for mechanics and assembly. Strong desire to solve problems, while discovering root cause, and developing feasible solutions to difficult assembly issues.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and deliver instructions to the assembly floor.
- Requiring a high level of attention to detail and work ethic with good organizational skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01352057
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-Development Operations Engineering Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US