Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10420
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01349007 Date posted 09/06/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Chosen candidate identified; all qualified candidates may still apply.
Are you highly motivated and enjoy operating in a dynamic environment? Do you love the challenges of process improvement and â€leanâ€ manufacturing initiatives?
The Hot Section Module Center â€" North (HSMC) delivers highly technical products to the Engine Centers and Spares Organizations. We are looking for a hardworking and high-energy Preventative Maintenance Planner at our East Hartford, CT facility.
Key responsibilities include:
- Craft work schedules to assure HSMC-N Machine Tool Service (MTS) plan is integrated with internal and external facility services providers.
- Coordinate Manufacturing Cell transformations by moving existing equipment and installing newly acquired capital equipment.
- Interpret performance of water treatment systems on washing systems to assure proper water quality.
- Generate purchase orders prior to contractors starting approved work onsite; create pre-job reports to ensure clear communication of work is provided to approved contractors.
- Build and initiate Pre-job reports for approved contractors planned to work onsite and post at each job site.
- Use SAP to create Suppler Relationship Management (SRM) to generate purchase order to ensure contractor has valid method of payment prior to starting contract work.
- Craft the work schedules and initiate purchase orders for the rearrangement of machinery to reorganize the HSMC-N.
- Update the baseline plan monthly in excel or MS Project.
- Upon receipt of approved machine move plan, build action list, by discipline, to move equipment from current to future location. Attend and participate in restructuring meetings when invited.
- Analyze and edit existing Preventative Maintenance (PM) planning, and compare existing actions to active equipment, create PM Plan for all new equipment installed onsite.
- Review machine downtime data and generate impact of downtime vs. production uptime.
- Create reports to identify equipment downtime by machine and by failure mode, generate report monthly and distribute to Leadership Team.
- Bachelorâ€s Degree and 3+ years of Project Management experience OR High School Diploma and 5+ years of Project Management experience
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Ability to work with and effectively communicate with all levels of employees in the organization, both hourly and salary, union and non-union
- Ability to encourage teamwork, participation, and individual accountability
- Ability to work independent without daily supervision
- A record of overcoming obstacles with limited resources in a dynamic manufacturing environment
- A proven record of maintaining good logistic controls, emotional intelligence, and teaming abilities
- Able to prioritize tasks and plan workload effectively
- Strong familiarity with ACE tools and processes preferred
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and experience working in a Union Shop
- Ability to meet deadlines and react quickly to changes in priorities
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01349007
Community / Marketing Title: Maintenance/Contractor Coordinator
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US