ENG-CSE- Compression Systems Engineering Associate Engineer
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10419
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01350680 Date posted 09/06/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The Pratt & Whitney Engineering organization is focused on delivering customer requirements, advancing market-differentiating technologies, leading continuous improvement and developing technical leadership.
Pratt and Whitney's Compression Systems Engineering (CSE) - designers and analysts of advanced Fans, Low and High Pressure Compressors - is currently seeking associate (entry level) engineers.
Duties would involve providing support for any of the following activities:
- Designing new hardware and improving existing hardware.
- Building finite element models, performing analysis, and determining acceptability to criteria.
- Conducting mechanical and functional integration activities across modules and engines systems.
- Supporting manufacturing operations.
- Managing and coordinating multi-disciplinary tasks.
- Developing advanced engineering tools and methods.
Associate Engineers enter CSE into a two-year long Engineering Development Program (EDP) where they complete three different assignments.Â These assignments will give an appreciation of different customers, programs phases, and disciplines.Â Disciplines include:
- Mechanical Design
- Structures Analysis
- Project Engineering
- Composites Design
Opportunities exist in the following locations:
- Connecticut (East Hartford and Middletown)
- West Palm Beach, Florida
- Oklahoma City
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- You are graduating by Summer 2020
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Co-op/internship experience
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01350680
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-CSE- Compression Systems Engineering Associate Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US