Project and Data Management Specialist, Contracts
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10417
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01351206 Date posted 09/06/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress. An instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and protect the world. So, together with our partners, we work with an explorerâ€s heart and a perfectionistâ€s grit to advance it.
The magnitude of flight both humbles and motivates us. It demands vision and relentless attention to detail. It requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. And, empowered people willing to do the right thing in the best interest of our customers.
If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation and skills to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be an opportunity for you.
In this role, the PDS will work with cross-functional teams and support activities to complete data deliverables & each project in a timely manner, on schedule, within budget and that it meets all quality standards, regulatory compliance requirements, and customer expectations.
Periodic travel (20%) may be required.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Create, manage and timely deliver data deliverables (SDRLs and CDRLs) to various customers in accordance with contractual schedules and provide seamless customer service and support throughout the process.
- Coordinate performance of engine contract requirements from contract award to engine sales, and schedule sales in SAP, in accordance with the contract terms and the MRP system.
- Lead the Sales & Distribution (S&D) efforts for the F135 and Tanker Programs and partner with other functions across the enterprise to meet our customerâ€s data deliverables (CDRL) and S&D requirements.
- Coordinate software-related development changes in multiple locations, ensuring that the software solutions remain compliant with government finance reporting and distribution requirements and aligned with contractual requirements.
- Work closely with the various teams to define process opportunities, including those enabled by technology.
- Collaborate, interact and interface with cross-functional teams across the enterprise to achieve coordination, alignment and integration with the project demands, schedules and other requirements.
- Perform tactical tasks with a high degree of quality and with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Manage and adhere to project plans and schedules, monitor and track project progress.
- Conduct meetings, present plans and progress reports relating to each project.
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation of each project step in accordance with project requirements.
- Identify, manage, and escalate project risks and effectively manage any required changes to the project scope and schedule.
- Bachelorâ€s degree in equivalent field of study, Masters preferred
- Experience with MS Office Suite required
- Experience working with SAP is required; coding and SAP S&D software experience is strongly preferred
- Experience with MS Office Suite required
- Proven ability to understand technical subjects and emerging technologies
- Proven ability to improve and facilitate change in processes
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong organizational and excellent communication skills â€" with credibility, and with the abilities to influence, present, and negotiate.
- Military Engines and proposals / contracts experience preferred
- Experience in Project Management, PMP certification and PMO experience preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01351206
Community / Marketing Title: Project and Data Management Specialist, Contracts
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US