ENG-Development Operations Engineering Intern
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 10416
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01349953 Date posted 09/06/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
At Pratt & Whitney, Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
BU/department/ discipline overview: Â
Development Operations (DO) is part of the Engineering Organization within Pratt & Whitney (P&W).Â DO is responsible for the planning and test execution of development jet engine systems. DO is comprised of the disciplines needed to test P&W engines. These positions are located in our West Palm Beach, FL facility.Â
This is a summer intern position; May/June - August, 2020 and is located in West Palm Beach, Fla. The intern positions include but are not limited to work within one of the following disciplines in support of Measurement Systems Engineering. Dependent on assignment, responsibilities may include:Â instrumentation management, assembly/disassembly direction, report writing, test monitoring, instrumentation installation, design of special test equipment and engine hardware management.
Key projects & responsibilities:
- Set up of test facilities to support engine testing.
- Set up of instrumentation measurement systems to support engine testing.
- Some travel may be required depending on the assignment and program responsibilities.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in mechanical, aerospace, electrical, or computer science from an accredited university/ college or equivalent. Student must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Previous intern experience at Pratt & Whitney or a similar engineering firm is helpful.Â
- Familiarity with testing, manufacturing, technical group projects are preferred.
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Additionally, Pratt & Whitney is a government contractor, and as such, the current openings are for positions that require U.S. citizenship, U.S. permanent residency or to persons granted asylum in the U.S.
- Fields of study are: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics
- Entry-level Co-op/internship experience
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01349953
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-Development Operations Engineering Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US