Senior Manager, Business Development - Fleet Programs
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10414
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01349937 Date posted 09/05/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We have a rare opening for a Senior Manager, Business Development - Fleet Programs role, at our East Hartford, CT Campus.
Pratt & Whitney's Commercial Engines (CE) organization is seeking a new business manager for its Fleet Maintenance Program (FMP).
This position will be instrumental in driving and delivering on Commercial Enginesâ€ aftermarket growth and profitability plans by directly supporting New Engine Business (NEB) sales campaign processes.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Assess and advise on aftermarket contract development for key sales campaigns in order to optimize profitability, risk and value delivery to our customers.
- Participate in direct negotiation with customers as the aftermarket contract business expert.
- Drive and influence FMP portfolio growth strategy in coordination with CE/Aftermarket Sales
- Assess the campaign support process, recommending improvements and drive implementation.
- You have strong capabilities in (1) business judgment to systematically avoid and mitigate risk, (2) business innovation to find creative solutions where required, (3) customer communication skills, and (4) forward thinking/planning.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM or business field of study
- Master's degree in a STEM or business field of study with 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Doctoral degree in a STEM or business field of study with 3+ years of relevant work experience
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in business development required
- A minimum of 6 years of managerial experience leading and building teams is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of Aviation-related aftermarket experience (i.e. service contracts, warranty administration, sales, fleet management programs)required.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience creating and assessing business cases and risk
- Strong verbal and written skills with an ability to effectively lead others through influence
- Proven ability to build internal alignment
- Ability to work with senior executives and customers and to influence and work effectively across all levels of the organization
- Bias towards action and implementation
- Experience with business tools, e.g. customer segmentation, needs assessment, competitive benchmarking
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01349937
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Business Development - Fleet Programs
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US