ENG-Development Operations Process & Tooling Engineer Internship
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10411
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01351674 Date posted 09/05/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney Aircraft is a recognized leader in the development of Gas Turbine Engines for Military, Commercial and Power Generation applications.Â This is an opportunity to work as an intern in the Development Operations (DO) organization.Â This positionÂ is located in our Middletown, CT location.
This is a summer intern position; May/June - August, 2020 and is located in Middletown, CT. Â The intern positions include but are not limited to work within one of the following disciplines in support of engine assembly and test:Â Assembly Engineering, ProcessÂ Engineering,Â and Tool Design/Project Engineering.Â Dependent on assignment, responsibilities may include:Â assembly/disassembly direction, work instruction creation, tool design/project, assembly/disassembly special projects.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Pratt & Whitney is a government contractor, and as such, the current openings are for positions that require U.S. citizenship, U.S. permanent residency or to persons granted asylum in the U.S.
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- Fields of study: Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in mechanical, aerospace, electrical, or computer science from an accredited university/ college or equivalent.
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Previous intern experience at Pratt & Whitney or a similar engineering firm is helpful.Â
- Familiarity with testing, manufacturing, technical group projects are preferred.Â
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01351674
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-Development Operations Process & Tooling Engineer Internship
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US