Supplier Development Leader - New Hampshire/Maine Area
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 10407
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01345034 Date posted 09/05/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
The Pratt & Whitney team is responsible for working closely with suppliers and partners to ensure the delivery of affordable, high-quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs. Our team fosters an internal environment that thrives on utilization of the PW ACE operating system, while collaborating with suppliers to ensure they achieve success in their lean journey.
The Supplier Development Leader will facilitate Gold and Performing level achievement with the suppliers. In this role, you will provide project management, coaching and training to suppliers. Ability to assess cell design, capacity, TPM, and various Lean functions is key. The Supplier Development Leader also works to improve the relationship between Pratt & Whitney and the supplier by facilitating improved communications.
This is a remote opportunity in the New Hampshire/Maine area.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform assessments of the suppliers capability to perform and sustain performance through the SHA (Supplier Health Assessment)
- Project manage lean solutions toward the goal of improving OTD, Quality and Productivity
- Engage with the supplier to develop action plan (SCIP) to close the gaps between current state and gold level performance.
- Track SCIP and drive closure to reach gold level.
- Conduct training and coaching on-site at the supplier to develop their team.
- Work with the commodity management and account management.
- Work with Delivery Assurance Field representatives (DAFRs).
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering, or a similar technical field
- 7+ years of Operations and/or Supply Chain experience
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
- Experience with performing delivery and quality RCCAs.
- Hands on experience with strong structured project management and problem solving skills
- Ability to initiate, lead and sustain change activities at the supplier
- Ability to work and communicate with the entire workforce: from convincing a shop floor operator to try a new work sequence to having strategic discussions with both PW supply chain team and supplier leadership team
- Self-motivated, high energy individual that can act with little guidance
- Six-Sigma Blackbelt or Greenbelt is a plus
- ACE Associate
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01345034
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Development Leader - New Hampshire/Maine Area
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US