ENG-Development Operations Engineering Intern
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10404
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01351688 Date posted 09/05/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney Aircraft is a recognized leader in the development of Gas Turbine Engines for Military, Commercial and Power Generation applications.Â Â This is an opportunity to work as an intern in the Systems Engineering and Validation (SEV) organization. These positions are located in our East Hartford and Middletown, CT locations.
This is a summer intern position; May/June - August, 2020 and is located in Middletown, CT. Â The intern positions include but are not limited to work within one of the following disciplines in support of engine assembly and test:Â Â Ground Test Engineering, Measurement Systems Engineering, Test Systems Engineering, Assembly Engineering, Process PlanningÂ and Test Operations Engineering.Â Â Dependent on assignment, responsibilities may include:Â Â instrumentation management, assembly/disassembly direction, report writing, test monitoring, instrumentation installation, design of special test equipment and engine hardware management.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- Pratt & Whitney is a government contractor, and as such, the current openings are for positions that require U.S. citizenship, U.S. permanent residency or to persons granted asylum in the U.S.
- You're in an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering degree program.
- Fields of study: Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in mechanical, aerospace, electrical, or computer science
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Previous intern experience at Pratt & Whitney or a similar engineering firm is helpful.Â Â
- Familiarity with testing, manufacturing, technical group projects are preferred.Â
- Â All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01351688
Community / Marketing Title: ENG-Development Operations Engineering Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US