Quality Engineering Coordinator
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10400
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01349447 Date posted 09/05/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Hot Section Module Center (HSMC)Â North is a world class fabricator of military combustors, augmentors, nozzles and specialty coated hardware.Â HSMC NorthÂ is a key contributor to the JSF 135 engine programÂ with a diverse and complex product line.Â Â HSMC North is looking forÂ a high energy, self-starter to assume theÂ role as Quality Engineering Coordinator. In this role, you will c oordinate all data collection and report management activity to support the MCAB process and COPQ reduction initiatives for each business in HSMC North utilizing business warehouse, SAP and other systems. You will also interface daily with the manufacturing technical managers, the business units and quality group to provide data and reports required by their organizations.
- Develop standard work to support the quality improvement process for each business unit
- Data mine and create reports on specific product and requirements identified by the technical managers
- Provide MCAB monthly packages for each business
- Establish and maintain QN line item reports
- Provide data and reports on process certification, UPPAP, KPC and other initiatives required by the business unitsÂ
- Identify trends, monitor quality indicators, develop reports to track top impact parts and RC/CA for each business unit for presentations and reports
- Provide other support as required by the quality and operations teams
- High School Diploma
- 2 + years of experience in quality, engineering, manufacturing, and/or aerospace
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- A highly motivated self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities.
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize workload in a high pressure environment and multitask as required
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01349447
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Engineering Coordinator
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US