Location: Dallas, Texas US
Job Number: 10395
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01349018 Date posted 09/04/2019 City Dallas State Texas Country United States
United States of America
PW132: Dallas 2701 Regent Blvd, Suite 300, Dallas, TX, 75261 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We have a rare opening for a Purchasing Supervisor role, at our Dallas, TX facility.
CSA- Commercial Serviceable Assets, Pratt & Whitneyâ€s Commercial Engines Transactional Aftermarket organization is seeking to hire a Purchasing Supervisor in its Dallas location.
This position will require industry knowledge of repair work in order to manage a group of CSA Buyers/WIP Analysts including indirect Global Workshare employees.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Manage repair network to ensure the work is routed for repair within the qualified network shops.
- Work with repair shops to ensure they are meeting established target turn times.
- Review annual repair pricing and capabilities across models
- Develop, implement and improve on delivery assurance processes that aim to recover quickly when conditions change.
- Communicate problems, potential solutions and action plans clearly and comfortably to medium-sized groups of employees.
- Work cohesively with all CSA departments, Inventory, Sales, Quality, and Finance
- Participate in any other duties and responsibilities as may be occasionally assigned to grow and support the companyâ€s success.
- Work directly with on-site Global Workshare team.
- Competencies :
- Leading process improvement opportunities using ACE
- Entrepreneurial: Thinks of new ways of operating or developing new metrics to measure the department, seeks out new ways of looking at the same problem to identify and implement new/unique solutions.
- This role requires strong written and verbal skills.
- Adaptability: Thrives in a fast paced environment where priorities are constantly changing and ambiguity is common.
- Assess and develop talent within the team
- Leadership: Someone who can coach to bring their team up to the next level
- Bachelor's degree required- Supply Chain or other relevant business degrees considered
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Supply Chain, Business related field or Technical required.
- 3 years of experience a supervisory role and leading teams
- Proficiency in Excel, Power point is required
- Experience with SAP
- Purchasing Agreements
- Prior knowledge of ACE, Six Sigma, and Process Improvement
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01349018
Community / Marketing Title: Purchasing Supervisor
Location_formattedLocationLong: Dallas, Texas US