NC Programmer – Computer Aided Manufacturing/Closed Loop Manufacturing (CAM/CLM)
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10387
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01349026 Date posted 09/04/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Pratt & Whitneyâ€s Hot Section Can Module Center Manufacturing Engineering organization is seeking a qualified multi-axis milling and vertical turret lathe Numerical Control Programmer to join our CNC Programming team. P&W HSMC North manufactures static nickel and titanium aerospace components for commercial and military engine programs. The selected candidate will creative NC programming solutions for the Module Center by supporting and crafting programs to set up, machine, and perform probing for process validation of features for predicting output. Candidate will work effectively with the Manufacturing Engineer process owners to identify and generate CNC programs using best practices that improve the use of Engineering Product Definition in a Computer Aided Manufacturing environment. Typical responsibilities include;
- Provide programming support for process development on new product introduction.
- Support cost reduction of mature product through improved part processing time using efficient CAM technology and innovative mistake proofing techniques.
- Integrate closed loop methodology through on-machine probing and data collection to enable process control and reduce operator intervention.
- Provide analytical recommendations to optimize programs and machine tool capabilities using machining modeling software tools.
- Generate and utilize NC verification software.
- Support continuous improvement of documented best practices and standard work for the NC sub-discipline.
- US Citizenship is required due to government contract
- Master's Degree with 3+ years of programming experience OR
- Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of programming experience OR
- Associate's Degree with 7+ years of programming experience OR
- Â in lieu of a degree, 11+ years of programming experience
- Candidate must have 5 years or more experience programming 2-5 axis machine tools using CAD/CAM applications
- Requires 3 years or more experience working from data such as solid models, part and tool drawing
- 3 years or more experience of CNC controls, machining techniques and machine tool capabilities to design programs that incorporate sound machining processes.
- Expertise with NX Manufacturing by Siemens PLM Software.
- Concepts and application of Closed Loop Manufacturing methods.
- Verification software tools, such as Vericut Machine Simulation.
- Knowledge of machining modeling technology.
- Knowledge of post processing technology, such as NX Post, a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment and balance the priorities of multiple customers.
- Good mentoring and presentation skills are needed.
- CNC machine control familiarity.
- Can craft clear communication
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01349026
Community / Marketing Title: NC Programmer – Computer Aided Manufacturing/Closed Loop Manufacturing (CAM/CLM)
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US