Associate Director, Indirect Strategic Sourcing & Commodity Management
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10383
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01348677 Date posted 09/04/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Do you take initiative and are a strong strategic thinker with extraordinary analytical, interpersonal, project management, and communication skills? Pratt and Whitney has a fantastic opportunity for an Associate Director, Indirect Strategic Sourcing & Commodity Management. You will report into the Director of Indirect Supply Chain and will be based in East Hartford, CT or Longueuil, QC. Do you have the experience to join the Global Supply Chain Team?
The Associate Director, Indirect Strategic Sourcing & Commodity Management role is both exciting & challenging. This position will not only be a focal point for leaders across Pratt & Whitney, but will also engage collaboratively with Indirect Supply Chain leaders, category managers, and procurement professionals across United Technologies Corporation (UTC).
You will lead a team of senior managers who are responsible for the development of sourcing strategies for all goods and services, ranging from contingent workforce to production consumables, worth billions of dollars annually, to meet customer needs and provide the best value to Pratt & Whitney and the required financial returns to the shareholders. You will also work closely with the Associate Directors of Indirect Procurement & Customer Management to develop & execute strategies to lower costs in all Indirect categories across all P&W sites globally.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Leading negotiations and closing commercial agreements with Suppliers pertaining to Business Services or Operations while ensuring compliance with UTC ethics, P&W and/or UTC policies and procedures.
- Leading a team of Senior managers in Strategic Sourcing.
- Developing and handling global sourcing strategy by category and establish sourcing criteria.
- Responsibility for the UTC & Inter-divisional relationship.
- Identifying cost savings and process and service improvement opportunities.
- Leading the development, implementation and execution of the sourcing and procurement strategy (Playbook).
- Working with management to address all aspects of category business plans, and pricing through minimizing commercial risk, lowering cost of ownership and meeting customersâ€ expectations.
- Leading global spend reduction strategies with customers and identifying future opportunities.
- Responsibility for global category savings reporting and targets.
- Assisting in resolution of contract disputes and/or commercial issues related to the agreements.
- Actively participating and supporting QBRs, SSRBs, UTC Passport and Council meetings.
- Driving continuous improvement of Strategic Sourcing process.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with customers and suppliers, managing the escalation process for customer and supplier issues.
- Participating in supplier negotiations - Measuring Key Performance Indicators to ensure continued progress toward achieving annual goals.
- Improving our connectivity with remote sites to ensure consistency in procedures, talent development, and contracting for Indirect goods and services.
- Providing strategic recommendations to all levels of management.
- Responsibility for projects to support strategic and continuous improvement initiatives.
- There is some international travel associated with this position.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 + years of experience in manufacturing, business, supply chain, and/or operations.
- 5+ years of experience supervising/managing people.
- A degree in Supply Chain and/or an MBA are strongly preferred.
- Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing experience in the manufacturing industry highly preferred.
- Indirect Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing & Commodity Management experience ideal.
- Knowledge of SAP ERP systems and of U.S. government procurement policies preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels of the organization.
- A highly motivated self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities.
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities.
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement.
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01348677
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Indirect Strategic Sourcing & Commodity Management
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US