Engine Mechanic at Elmendorf Air Force base in Anchorage, Alaska.
Location: Costa Mesa, California US
Job Number: 10375
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01343528 Date posted 09/03/2019 City Costa Mesa State California Country United States
United States of America
CACOS: Costa Mesa California 2955 Red Hill Avenue, Costa Mesa, CA, 92626 USA
The sky has no limits
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
F119 Engine Mechanic located at Elmendorf Air Force base in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Candidate will perform the work necessary to maintain, build, test and inspect P&W F119-PW-100 Jet Engines and associated new technologies.
- Work with Field Service Representatives, Engineering, and our customers to provide world class maintenance and support
- Investigate problems and make repairs or modifications as necessary to engines, modules, and components per applicable directives. Perform a variety of related duties in support of engine programs.
- Refer difficulties to lead or supervisor. Perform routine maintenance of support equipment.
- Ability to interpret technical documentation for advanced propulsion systems.
- Obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits or certifications as required.
- Perform additional tasks in support of business objectives and/or to develop the individuals' skills. Handle process related waste in accordance with approved documented work instructions
- Work overtime when required.
- Ability to lift heavy objects as required.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Experience in the tear-down, build-up or inspection of jet engines is required
- US Citizenship due to government contracts
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintainÂ a Secret Clearance
- Pratt and Whitney F119 engine mechanic experience
- A&P License or equivalent military experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word).
- This position requires an individual who is detail oriented.
- Accuracy in work performed is a must.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01343528
Community / Marketing Title: Engine Mechanic at Elmendorf Air Force base in Anchorage, Alaska.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Costa Mesa, California US