MC&O - MMDP - Associate, Materials Management Development Program
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10361
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01349349 Date posted 08/30/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our internships and co-op assignments are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your creativity. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military turbine engines, is seeking hardworking and ambitious students to join our organization as a rotational associate within the Materials Management Development Program. The Materials Management & Logistics team within Pratt & Whitney is a rapidly growing organization established to assess the demand and output capacity of the entire P&W operations and supply chain network. Major functions of the MM&L organization are Demand & Management, Business Analytics & Decision Support, Inventory, Business Process Management, Network Capacity, Sales Inventory & Operations Planning (SI&OP), Master Scheduling, and Delivery Execution which includes Shop Floor Control, Engine & Module Assembly, and Logistics. Supply chain management professionals are key enablers to the success of Pratt & Whitney, performing roles that span every organization and process.
The Materials Management Development Program is a two-year rotational program that exposes entry-level college graduates and/or recent new hires to materials management at Pratt & Whitney.
Place associates in challenging rotational positions where they can:
- gain a broad-based working knowledge of the key processes within Supply Chain Management, including the internal networks necessary for effective problem solving and communication
- build the business and managerial skill set required to be an accomplished Supply Chain professional
Provide training to associates specifically designed to:
- clarify the role and scope of Supply Chain and Logistics within the company
- understand the activities and concerns of Materials Mgmt. & Logistics suppliers and customers Associates complete four six-month assignments in the areas of Demand Management, Supply Planning, Delivery Execution and a final assignment of their own design. Assignments will be primarily in Connecticut Operations
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and are entering or currently in your last year.
- You are graduating in December 2019 or May 2020.
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualification?
- Preferred fields of study are Supply Chain Management , Business Operations Management, or related field with a strong interest in Operation and Manufacturing.
- The program seeks out and recruits highly motivated college students / entry level employees who demonstrate leadership ability and academic excellence and trains them to become tomorrow's business leaders.
- Potential participants must be proven team players with excellent technical competence and outstanding initiative.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01349349
Community / Marketing Title: MC&O - MMDP - Associate, Materials Management Development Program
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US