Hot Section Module Center ACE Continuous Improvement Leader
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10359
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01348973 Date posted 08/30/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
ACE, Achieving Competitive Excellence, is the Pratt & Whitney operating system. It focuses on the drivers of competitive excellence â€" our people and our work processes. Our leadership and empowered employees work together to implement ACE practices in all of our activities across every UTC business to benefit our customers and share owners. As a member of the Hot Section Module Center team, you will be a key member of a dynamic team responsible for delivering aerospace components and assemblies to our military and commercial customers around the globe. The Module Center delivers hardware for both new engine assembly and aftermarket new spare parts.
As a leader of Continuous Improvement reporting directly to the Module Center General Manager, you will be responsible for driving a culture of continuous improvement and connecting all employees with experiences to make our business better.
As a Module Center ACE Continuous Improvement Leader, you will work closely with individuals and teams throughout the organization to lead problem solving and continuous improvement projects.
You will oversee competency development (including training strategy), Module Center ACE Council Meetings, and use of the Control Tower (balanced scorecard) to drive continuous improvement projects aligned with enterprise priorities developed through the Policy Deployment process.
The Hot Section Module Center (HSMC) is comprised of multiple factory sites (which will require periodic travel) and decentralized continuous improvement leaders (which will require frequent coordination and alignment).
This experience will also help grow your own continuous improvement proficiency and focus on enhancing your ability to lead larger scale business improvement initiatives.
About 20% travel
UTC (United Technology Corporation) ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence)Associate Certification or 3 or more years of working experience in lean, continuous improvement, or process certification
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Engineering, Statistics, Operations, Supply Chain or another similar field is required.
- US Citizen is required due to government contract.
- Advance degree is helpful
- Aerospace industry preferred
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to work with, coach, motivate, and influence others
- Ability to work independently, while delivering on executive leadership expectations
- Experience using project management and statistical analysis tools
- UTC ACE Practitioner Certification or equivalent certification in lean, continuous improvement, or process certification
- 5 or more years of experience leading large scale continuous improvement initiatives across functions
- Proven project management experience or certification
- Proficiency in use of project management and statistical analysis tools
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01348973
Community / Marketing Title: Hot Section Module Center ACE Continuous Improvement Leader
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US