Manufacturing Engineer, Met & Chem - P2
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 10357
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01348919 Date posted 08/30/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Manufacturing Engineer to be based in North Berwick, Maine.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Job Summary -
- Provide support for thermal spray processes applied to components manufactured at North Berwick Aero Systems
- Work with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Quality, Materials and Production to standardize and improve manufacturing processes
- Incorporate technical requirements from blueprints, process specifications and quality procedures into work instructions and standard work
- Assure product and process quality by implementing process controls and monitoring process capability
- Research and implement new technology to improve product quality, process efficiency and part flow
- Design and procure tooling, fixtures and pursue capital equipment purchases based on business need
- Work closely with the shop floor and provide support on a daily basis
- Work closely with Materials Engineering and provide guidance on new design concepts and material options
- Design, conduct and analyze experiments to develop, improve or troubleshoot Met & Chem processes
- Implement process certification per technical requirements
- May require off-shift coverage based on business requirements
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years of manufacturing engineering and/or operations experience or Master's Degree with 1+ years of manufacturing engineering and/or operations experience.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Material Engineering
- Demonstrated knowledge of thermal spray, surface preparation, part masking, robotic programming, and/or peening
- Experience with statistical process control and continuous improvement using ACE methodology or equivalent (ACE Associate is a plus)
- Demonstrated technical problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Strong computer skills and experience with general office software
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01348919
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer, Met & Chem - P2
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US