Hot Section Engineering, Turbine Technology Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10350
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01346083 Date posted 08/29/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits! Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that is moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team, you will help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everyoneâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Hot Section Engineering (HSE) at Pratt & Whitney is currently looking for a Turbine Technology Manager to join our team in support of commercial, military and industrial gas turbine engines. In HSE, we are responsible for the design, analysis and validation the Combustor/Diffuser, Turbine, Augmenter and Exhaust Nozzle jet engine components which operate at substantially elevated temperatures.
In this role you will lead the HSE turbine technology portfolio and strategy for future military and commercial products. As an individual contributor, you will provide leadership to our technology, project and program management teams. You will focus on building technology development strategies to maintain and advance Pratt & Whitneyâ€s technical readiness for legacy and future engines; and anticipate P&Wâ€s future technology needs.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Communicate technology needs, both inside and outside of P&W. Develop strategy and technology roadmaps.
- Lead funding and execution of technology projects to promote technical readiness level (TRL) progression.
- Maintain an integrated technology portfolio.
- Partner with United Technologies Research Center (UTRC), Penn State, Collins Aerospace, and other organizations, as appropriate, on research and technology needs.
- Provide technical mentoring to team members and develop the talent pool to support future projects.
You will benefit from a strong technical background and disciplined, rigorous critical thinking abilities. You will need to demonstrate the ability to lead and advance numerous concurrent projects with excellent communication and presentation skills. You should have demonstrated proficiency in aerodynamic design, design, structures, or aero-thermal analysis (heat transfer and film cooling). You should be passionate about technology development and possess a research culture mentality with an ability to think outside the customary engineering development process.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 12+ years of engineering experience with a Bachelorâ€s degree in Engineering or 5+ years of engineering experience with an Advanced degree in Engineering
- Ability/willingness to carry a security clearance.
- US Citizenship due to government contracts
- Bachelors or Advanced degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Excellent communications skills
- Active Security clearance
- Leadership/Mentoring skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01346083
Community / Marketing Title: Hot Section Engineering, Turbine Technology Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US