Sr Manager, Indirect Strategic Sourcing & Commodity Management
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10316
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01345708 Date posted 08/26/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you take initiative and are a strong strategic thinker with extraordinary analytical, interpersonal, project management, and communication skills?
Pratt and Whitney has a rare opportunity for a Senior Manager, Indirect Strategic Sourcing & Commodity Management. This position is part of the Indirect Supply Chain team, responsible for sourcing & procuring all goods and services, ranging from contingent workforce to production consumables, worth billions of dollars annually. You will manage the Shop Consumables category, report to the Associate Director, Indirect Strategic Sourcing & Commodity Management, and be based in East Hartford, CT.
Do you have the experience to join the Global Supply Chain Team?
The Senior Manager, Indirect Strategic Sourcing & Commodity Management role is both exciting & challenging. This position will not only be a focal point for leaders across Pratt & Whitney, but will also engage collaboratively with Indirect Supply Chain Consumables category managers and procurement professionals across United Technologies Corporation (UTC), parent company of Pratt & Whitney.
A critical feature of this role is preparing and presenting a strategic package for the Senior Leadership team, based on the sourcing strategies that you will help develop. We are looking for someone who is comfortable presenting to executives, working closely with internal customers globally, and building relationships in a very short period of time. In addition, the following attributes are essential : influential leadership skills; strong data analysis skills, specifically related to category spend and savings; a self-starter, curious to learn, push the status-quo, and an independent worker.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Lead entire projects with significant scope and complexity
- Lead negotiations and closing agreements with Suppliers pertaining to Business Services or Operations while ensuring compliance with UTC ethics, P&W and/or UTC policies and procedures
- Lead the development, implementation and execution of the sourcing and procurement strategy for assigned category
- Develop and manage global sourcing strategy by category and establish sourcing criteria
- Responsible for the UTC & Inter-divisional relationship
- Develop and execute commercial and contract strategy for assigned categories
- Identify cost savings and process and service improvement opportunities
- Work with leadership to address all aspects of category business plans, and pricing through minimizing commercial risk, lowering cost of ownership and meeting customersâ€ expectations
- Lead global spend reduction strategies with customers and identify future opportunities
- Responsible for global category savings reporting and targets
- Assist in resolution of contract disputes and/or commercial issues related to the agreements
- Actively participating and supporting Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs), Strategic Sourcing Review Boards (SSRBs), UTC Passport and Council meetings
- Provide strategic recommendations to all levels of leadership
- Responsible for projects to support strategic and continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with customers and suppliers. Manage the escalation process for customer and supplier issues
- Measure Key Performance Indicators to ensure continued progress toward achieving annual goals
- There is International travel associated with this position
- Bachelorâ€s Degree and 8+ years of experience in Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or Project Management OR an Advanced Degree and 6+ years of experience in Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or Project Management
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- A degree in Supply Chain and/or an MBA are strongly preferred
- Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing experience in the manufacturing industry highly preferred
- Indirect Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing & Commodity Management experience ideal
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent communication skills â€" credibility, influencing, presentation, negotiating
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience and knowledge of Supply Management (Product or Indirect), Administration / Commerce, Legal, Purchasing, Business, Engineering a plus
- Proven experience in project management, execution of major projects and customer focus/relationship management a plus
- Knowledge of SAP ERP systems and of U.S. government procurement policies preferred
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01345708
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Manager, Indirect Strategic Sourcing & Commodity Management
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US