Closed Loop Machining/Closed Door Machining lead
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10314
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01341319 Date posted 08/26/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Closed Loop Machining/ Closed Door Machining Lead
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The Closed Loop Machining/Closed Door Machining lead will support enterprise wide deployment of integrated quality and on machine probing to drive process control into machining processes.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military turbine engines, is seeking a highly motivated manufacturing engineering professional to join the Core Manufacturing Engineering organization. The Closed Loop Machining/Closed Door Machining lead will support enterprise wide deployment of integrated quality and on machine probing to drive process control into machining processes.
- You will integrate closed loop methodology through on-machine probing and data collection to enable process control and reduce operator intervention.
- You will support cost reduction of mature product through improved part processing time using efficient CAM technology and innovative mistake proofing techniques.
- Provide analytical recommendations to optimize programs and machine tool capabilities using machining modeling software tools.
- You will develop standard work to roll out CLM/CDM across all P&W production sites.
- Ability to work from data such as solid models, part and tool drawings, including part models with PMI.
- Support continuous improvement of documented standard methodologies and standard work for the probing sub-discipline.
- You will identify and implement shop floor process optimization and control methods to eliminate/prevent scrap rework and repair
- Significant interaction with the hourly work force, tool designers, quality assurance, integrated product teams, process & product MEs, systems designers, and Information Systems are typical of the position.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+years of experience in closed loop machining, macro & type 2 programming
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Understanding of CLM, CMM, NC programming
- Working knowledge of CNC controls, machining techniques and machine tool capabilities
- Craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01341319
Community / Marketing Title: Closed Loop Machining/Closed Door Machining lead
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US