Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10304
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01346143 Date posted 08/26/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Facilities Manager.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt and Whitney is seeking a motivated individual to serve as the facilities manager for a new development project. The preferred the candidate would help manage the construction project and then assume responsibility for the day to day upkeep and management of the building and associated facilities infrastructure.
The preferred candidate will demonstrate exceptional leadership, interpersonal and team skills, as well as strong communication skills and the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing business requirements. Additionally, weâ€ll be looking for individuals with strong business acumen, willingness to implement and drive lean manufacturing facility design.
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Skilled in construction management methods and tools to properly scope, budget, schedule and manage successful projects.
- You will work with architects, engineers, general contractors and various construction trades to coordinate a well-defined schedule
- You will work within the UTC procurement process to achieve competitive pricing across all required vendors
- Contribute to all pre-approval planning activities for assigned projects and work with Space Planning to build ROM budgets and to manage capital allocations
- You will drive assigned projects through the decision-making process for approvals, and then on through to project completion
- You will lead regular project calls
- Analyze and report on budget variances and track cost metrics to support ROM budgeting on other projects
- Maintain a well-documented project folder and lead team tools for cross-functional coordination
- You will complete all close-out activities
- Bachelorâ€s degree
- 8+ years of experience that includes facilities or maintenance in a manufacturing environment
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Advanced Degree
- Minimum of 15 years of experience that includes facilities and maintenance in a manufacturing environment or related field
- Detailed and analytical construction management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Organized in project documentation
- Analytical with intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office and comfortable with document management and reporting using SharePoint, OneDrive or other secured internet-based team programs
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects within a matrix organization for corporate occupiers
- Craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01346143
Community / Marketing Title: Facilities Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US