Technical Manager - Investment Castings
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10303
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01346123 Date posted 08/26/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Technical Manager - Investment castings Manager.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt and Whitney is seeking a motivated individual to serve as the Manufacturing Engineering Manager for a new development project. The preferred candidate would build a team of manufacturing engineers that are responsible for the design development and qualification of production processes.
You will demonstrate exceptional leadership, interpersonal and team skills, as well as strong communication skills and the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing business requirements. Additionally, weâ€ll be looking for individuals with business insight, willingness to implement and drive lean manufacturing techniques, and the ability to develop and insert new technologies into the manufacturing process.
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- You will hire a diverse team of manufacturing engineers to support the development and qualification of production processes
- You will coordinate with the facilities manager to align the building and equipment installation schedules
- Translate business metrics into individual goals and project assignments for a team of engineers and technicians.
- You will regularly direct, instruct, advise, assist and manage employees to schedules, methods, standards of performance, and other matters affecting their parts.
- Responsible for training and developing engineers.
- You will be responsible for hiring decisions on new engineers.
- Extensive knowledge of investment castings and casting processes
- Work in close conjunction with customers, Production Control, Quality Control and other areas on topics related to new part introduction, alloy, casting design or tooling. Have the willingness and ability to effectively interact with all employees.
- Identify key areas for business improvement from a cost perspective.
- Bachelorâ€s degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience that includes engineering in a manufacturing environment
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Advanced Degree
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in engineering
- Experience using MS Project preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of experience that includes engineering in a manufacturing environment or related field
- Detailed and analytical engineering management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Organized in project documentation
- Analytical with intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office and comfortable with document management and reporting using SharePoint, OneDrive or other secured internet-based team programs
- Craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01346123
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Manager - Investment Castings
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US