Field Service Specialist
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10300
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01345755 Date posted 08/24/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Military Customer Support and Services is seeking a motivated individual to provide F100/TF33 systems fault isolation and troubleshooting support to customers operating F100-220/229 and TF33 engines. This customer support engineering (CSE) position is well-suited to an individual seeking to demonstrate and further develop his/her project management abilities while acquiring broad-based whole engine experience.
The successful candidate will inherit a diverse set of roles, and will work with other team members to provide the following support:
- Act as primary technical interface between Pratt & Whitney and all F100/TF33 customers.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with primary engineering counterparts at Oklahoma City-ALC, Warner-Robins-ALC and Lockheed Martin
- Monitor daily reports from Field Service Representatives (FSR) and collect/analyze off-board trending data from the field to help determine actions required to support engine events.
- Provide complete timely responses to customer and FSR technical questions and track in appropriate systems
- Research technical issues and correct source data to resolve systems level issues, coordinate with program management and customers to implement solutions to improve engine safety and readiness.
- Support coordination and participate in company teams sent out to customer locations for special inspections, data collection, evaluation of designs, etc.
- Author Position Papers to convey Pratt & Whitney's technical and logistical recommendations to the field upon resolution of complex technical issues
- Coordinate and present technical issues in support of customer meetings and conferences. Provide support for Worldwide Users Conference planning and execution.
- Prepare & present Maintenance Awareness (MAP) briefings to USAF, Air National Guard, and foreign military services (FMS)
- Perform Periodic Engineering Excellence Reviews (PEER) at FMS locations
5+ years of experience with jet engine hardware, maintenance, and operations
BS required. A degree in engineering or related technical field preferred.
Travel Requirements : 20-40%
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01345755
Community / Marketing Title: Field Service Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US