Group - Comm - P&W Communications Intern – Brand, Strategic Events, Corporate Citizenship
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10298
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01345995 Date posted 08/23/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
T his position is in the Pratt & Whitney Communications Department. There is a potential for rotations within different areas of Communications providing exposure to Employee & Executive Communications, Marketing & Brand Strategy, Product Communications and Digital Communications activities.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress. An instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and protect the world. So, together with our partners, we work with an explorerâ€s heart and a perfectionistâ€s grit to advance it.
The magnitude of flight both humbles and motivates us. It demands vision and relentless attention to detail. It requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. And, empowered people willing to do the right thing in the best interest of our customers.
If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation and skills to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be an opportunity for you. This position is in the Pratt & Whitney Communications Department (East Hartford, CT).
This internship will focus on communications-related activities in support of the Brand, Strategic Events, and Corporate Citizenship Center of Excellence.Â Additionally, there may be opportunities to work cross-functionally, providing exposure to other Communications Centers of Excellence: Product Communications; Media Bureau & Strategic Messaging; Executive & Employee Communications; and Digital Communications.
The successful candidate will support the Communications organization with a range of tasks including but not limited to:
- Interviewing employees, conducting research, and aligning with internal customers to write articles and press releases in support of communications plans and strategic priorities.
- Producing digital content, including infographics and animations to use on internal and external communications channels, featuring employees and company programs to support key initiatives and messages.
- Proactively identifying opportunities to include strategic messaging and content to broader internal and external audiences.
- Assisting with website updates, writing, editing, and communications-type projects as needed.
- Providing support for company events and/or meetings for employees.
- Supporting impromptu communications deliverables.
- Providing tactical support for organizational priorities.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- You must be currently enrolled in a degree program or entering a masterâ€s program within six months to apply.
- Fields of study: Major in Communications, Marketing, English, or Digital Technology.
- Must be graduating betweenÂ December 2021 to May 2022.
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your internship.
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Candidates must have strong writing skills and attention to detail.
- Writing samples required and a portfolio is highly recommended.
- Candidates must be motivated self-starters who meet deadlines, maintain steady performance under pressure and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be computer savvy and have experience using Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Adobe software such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Premier is a plus.
- A desire to learn other communications skills and tools is required.
- Full time (up to 40 hours) preferred; part time (up to 35 hours) considered.
% Travel Required
0-5% Travel Required
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01345995
Community / Marketing Title: Group - Comm - P&W Communications Intern – Brand, Strategic Events, Corporate Citizenship
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US