Supplier Quality Engineer / Investigation Specialist
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10283
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01345259 Date posted 08/21/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you.
The Fan Module Center Supplier Quality team is responsible for working closely with our Suppliers to ensure we deliver affordable, high-Quality parts that meet our Customer's dynamic needs. As a Supplier Quality Engineer/Investigation Specialist, you will provide support to the Global Supply Chain organization relative to improvement of Suppliers' Quality, as well as providing Quality interface, expertise and support to Suppliers and peer organizations. This position at our Middletown CT Facility will have you engaging in a high-impact role in one of the most dynamic and exciting manufacturing facilities in the company. Alternate Work Week hours (Wednesday - Sunday) will ensure a variety of working and learning experiences in the role while allowing for significant opportunities for self-direction.
- Understand and execute key aspects of overseeing and assuring Supplier Quality to achieve best-in-class Supplier Quality, delivery and service while acting as the primary Quality Engineer on a limited number of Suppliers
- Create and maintain key relationships with Suppliers' Quality and Operations Management teams, as well as PW Engineering, Procurement and support organizations
- Collect/Compile data and drive Continuous improvement initiatives at the Supplier in reaction to escapes, and in support of reduced cost and lead-time; Develop and impart Continuous improvement activities
- Interrogate complex databases in support of Investigation activity
- Require and coach Suppliers to find root cause and implement sustainable corrective / preventive action on all escapes and high pain recurring Quality issues
- Develop and coordinate Quality issue resolution with PW Engineering and Supplier Engineering on Supplier-designed components. Coordinate Investigation activities
- Team with Engineering and Procurement to execute supply base improvement plans that improve Quality signature and to ensure Customer confidence
- Support Vendor Corrective Action Board (VCAB) reviews
- This is an Alternate Work Week position, Wednesday - Sunday, with primarily first shift hours.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of quality experience in engineering, manufacturing, and/or aerospace
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Knowledgeable / experienced in AS9100 / ISO 9001 Quality systems
- Working knowledge/ proficiency in Quality tools such as FAI, PFMEA, DFMEA, GR&R, GD&T elements, etc.
- Experienced in driving CAR and PAR and eliminating non-conformances at the Supplier level
- Practical ACE/Six Sigma experience or other Lean Systems experience a plus
- Prior experience in composite and or non-metallic materials manufacturing and or testing desired
- ASQ (CQE, CQM) certifications a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels of the organization
- A strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01345259
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Quality Engineer / Investigation Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US