Manufacturing Engineer 1st shift P2
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 10278
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01345278 Date posted 08/21/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Manufacturing Engineer to be based in North Berwick, Maine.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
- Interpretation of approved technical data such as B/Pâ€s, Web Assembly drawings, Table of limits, QADâ€s, PWA Specs etc., which will flow down into process work instructions.
- Ability to successfully perform FECC/FCCA and controlled builds
- Familiarity with Write Inâ€s, SWAPs, and Work Order processes
- Comprehension in temperature differential calculations, torque process and basic assembly processes
- Ability to create, modify and update work instructions in both HMS and Solumina
- Review tool designs, mark-up prints, issue request forms, track tool changes and corrections.
- Perform the necessary gage correlations.
- Create, Modify and update Temporary assembly processes
- Support and assist in TAT reductions, On-Time Delivery Goals and ergonomic improvements.
- Review Engineering Hold items and provide floor support on a daily basis and determine proper course of action.
- Develop new equipment, process and troubleshoot problem operations
- Implement process certification per technical requirements
- May require off-shift coverage based on business requirements.
- Ability to use Teamcenter for Model reviews of Modules, BOM Configuration confirmation and engineering change review/validation
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering / Industrial Engineering or related Bachelorsâ€ degree
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Bachelor Degree in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering preferred
- The position requires candidates to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in the application of continuous improvement tools:Â process certification, Standard Work, RCCA, DIVE Processes and set-up reduction are examples of the continuous improvement skills required.
- Experience and knowledge of assembly processes, CAD experience is preferred.
- Individual must be self-motivated, a demonstrated team player and be flexible in schedule and function.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- B/P comprehension is required
- Familiarity with SAP, Teamcenter, HMS and Solumina for Assembly is preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01345278
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer 1st shift P2
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US