Senior Engineering, Design Engineering
Location: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US
Job Number: 10263
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01344797 Date posted 08/19/2019 City Aguadilla State Puerto Rico Country United States
United States of America
PW222: P&W Puerto Rico, Road 110 North Km28.8, San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR 00603 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Designs major components or major portions of functional systems, technically advanced prototypes, and promotional or specific products using computer design and engineering systems. Develops or improves products and facilitates manufacturing operations. Develops data and makes parametric models, layouts, sketches, and notes for design proposals. Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replace ability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost. Designs, develops and tests metallic or non-metallic structures or materials and their related fabrication processes for use in engineering designs.
Job essential functions-those not delegable
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute and assist in the guidance of the team in performing 3D modeling using good model based design practices.
- Assist in ensuring the team uses the design methodologies to create parametric models from existing drawings.
- Generate and assist in the guidance of the team to create drawings based on new models following company approved procedures and requirements.
- Act as the onsite eyes and ears for leadership and guidance to the team.
- Create 2D silhouettes, 3D assemblies and high complexity models using CAD software (preferably Creo 4.0). Interpret and define geometric dimensions, tolerances and features in part drawings per ASME Y14.5. Evaluate and define complex hardware interfaces at assembly level.
- Demonstrate knowledgeable Computer Aid Design (CAD) geometry software functions to manipulate and create 2D geometries, 3D models and 3D assemblies to meet fit, form and functions requirements of parts and support engineering documentation. Interpret and define tolerances and features in part drawings per ASME Y14.5.
- Attend and have participation in group meetings, teleconferences and/or training as required.
- Actively participate in initiatives for continuous improvement using ACE tools.
- Support project management activities.
- Based on business needs, you may be required to support other duties/functions within the company.
FORMAL ACADEMIC EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5 years of experience in the field of mechanical engineering
- English fluency (verbal and written)
- For export compliance purposes, be U.S. citizen
- Background in and understanding of mechanical design principles
- Familiarity with CREO (preferably 4.0) or ProE Wildfire, and PDMLink
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME Y14.5, year 1994 or higher
- Ability to create mechanical parts from a drawing and drawings from 3d models / physical parts
- Ability to verify fit up of models/assemblies and perform tolerance stackups
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Good communication and presentation skills in English (verbal and written)
- Experience designing and creating drawings of high tolerance and preferably opto-mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Working knowledge of tolerance stackups and performing conceptual design(s) based on past work experience.
- Ability to manage time, multi-task and prioritize
- Self-motivated and result-driven
- Customer focused and quality oriented
- Analytical Thinking: is a critical component of visual thinking that gives one the ability to solve problems quickly and effectively. It involves a methodical step-by-step approach to thinking that allows you to break down complex problems into single and manageable components. Analytical thinking involves the process of gathering relevant information and identifying key issues related to this information.
- Conceptual Thinking: is the ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, and to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations. Ability to translate abstract thoughts, a tendency for thinking in long-term horizons, and a desire to experiment and invent new things.
- Continuous Improvement: Constantly focuses on activities and operations for the continuous improvement of products, services and processes.
- Customer Service Orientation: Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Individual Leadership - Empowerment: Creates a sense of belonging towards work or projects providing clear expectations, control of resources, accountability and consultation; offering support without removing responsibility.
- Initiative: Identifying and dealing with issues proactively and persistently; seizing opportunities that arise.
- Interpersonal Skills: Develops and maintains effective relationships with others; relates well to people from varied backgrounds and in different situations; shows understanding, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern, and politeness.
- Teamwork / Collaboration: Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Communication: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Ethical Practices: Apply to own position and others the pervasive integration of integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices, supported by the following sub-competencies: Role modeling, setting the example, rapport building, trust building, personal, professional and behavioral integrity, and accountability seeking.
- Safety Awareness: Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- Problem solving and Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01344797
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Engineering, Design Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico US