Millwright (LG 05)
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 10262
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01341887 Date posted 08/19/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorerâ€s heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, West Palm Beach, FL has a 2nd shift Millwright opening. The hours for this position are 3:30pm-12:00am Monday-Friday.
- Fabricate, install, and maintain a variety of less complicated facility mechanical, structural, and process equipment. Rig and hoist machinery and equipment into positions.
- Work from drawings, sketches or general instructions to fabricate and install less complex process equipment involving somewhat difficult decisions.
- Plan work of some complexity considering various alternatives, take measurements, and make hangers, brackets, supports and other hardware required to facilitate erecting structures.
- Operate required tooling to accomplish tasks in order to facilitate work completion.
- Transport material and process equipment with fork lift and rig and hoist lightweight items into position using chains, cables, hoist fork lift or other similar lifting device.
- Answer trouble calls and make repairs on infrastructure or process equipment where equipment does not present unusual problems and some evaluation of conditions are involved to determine source of problem.
- Discuss problem, make necessary repairs or replace while working with lead, higher labor grade or alone to run checks on bearings, lubrication and other suspected conditions to isolate source of trouble.
- Overhaul less complicated equipment where service manuals and other technical information are usually available.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on infrastructure or process equipment.
- Make periodic checks on operation and general condition and notify supervisor or working lead of any evidence of poor performance or need for repair. Lubricate equipment according to the maintenance schedule or as required.
- Perform any other type of maintenance or construction work as required. Refer unusual or recurring work difficulties to supervisor or working lead.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- 3- 5+ years in a manufacturing or maintenance support position.
- Facilities maintenance experience preferred
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01341887
Community / Marketing Title: Millwright (LG 05)
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US