F135 Earned Value Associate
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10250
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01344513 Date posted 08/16/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Senior Associate, Earned Value Analysis and Reporting
The PW Earned Value Analysis and Reporting Organization is looking for a self-motivated and disciplined individual to join its team as Senior Associate. This position provides the candidate with a unique opportunity to interface and work with the Program Management Office and Engineering. While in this role, the ideal candidate will provide guidance and analysis in the areas of Project Management, Budgeting, Scheduling, and Variance Analysis used in the execution of the Military Engines Programs. The candidate will become an integral part of the Program Management Team providing advice, consultation and analysis in the Earned Value methodology.
Tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and provide guidance to the technical areas as they develop; plan and analyze tasks
- coordinate and ensure adherence to Earned Value Management System (EVMS) guidance and provide recommendations to Program Management
- perform risk assessments associated with task budgeting and program performance
- support Monthly Program Reviews preparation activities
- support monthly Program Estimate-At-Completion reviews
- facilitate monthly data reconciliation; support on-going compliance reviews and/or periodic process audits (e.g. DCAA, DCMA and Joint Surveillance Process)
- ensure the proper implementation of EVMS through the use of standardized processes, tools, and reports
*Qualified candidates must be able to communicate effectively and coordinate amongst a diverse team of individuals. Strict attention to detail and relentless internal and external customer satisfaction focus is required to ensure the team meets the aggressive demands of military compliance programs.
Do you have the education?
A Bachelor's Degree is required
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- 1+ years of work experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Some experience working with business analytics, finance, and/or forecasting, including:
- High proficiency with MS Excel, and Strong analytical and trending skills
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- A BA or BS with a major or concentration in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Engineering and/or a graduate degree in one of these areas
- Focused on results with the ability to drive tasks to completion
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills - energetic, dedicated, and dynamic thinker
- General understanding and openness to continuous improvement principles (e.g., ACE)
- Demonstrated effectiveness working across functions, organizations, and levels of management
- Comfortable executing under the pressures of a highly active environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a professional mindset
- Knowledge of our Program Management toolset (i.e., SAP, Dassian, eCSVAR, and Primavera)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01344513
Community / Marketing Title: F135 Earned Value Associate
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US