Engineering Manager-Military Repair
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10248
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01342367 Date posted 08/16/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Engineering Manager-Military Repair to be based in East Hartford, CT.
Pratt and Whitney's logistics engineers perform critical work trending hardware distress from all sources on all programs, and prepare technical and financial analysis resulting in requests for repair development approval for our US Government customers. The logistics process is a critical step in ensuring availability of repairs critical to maintaining supportability of all Military fleets, and supports life cycle cost reduction.
As Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Execution of all Global Services Engineering (GSE) Repair Logistics deliverables for all Military programs.
- Continued growth and development of the Repair Logistics engineering teams in support of Military programs.
- Developing GSE relationships with Component Integrated Product Teams (CIPT) , Customer Support Engineering (CSE), Engine Life Management Team (ELMT) , Component Aftermarket Integrated Product Team (CAIPT), Logistics Program Management (LPM) , and others to gather and share information on part distress and required actions for part recovery
- Overseeing the Repair Logistics WBS, budgets, Earned Value, and manpower for all Military Programs.
- Leading Engineering Standard of Work (ESW) refinement and process improvement efforts to reduce turn around time for logistics work.
- Working directly with GSE Military Repair Program Managers to ensure expectations are consistently met.
- Managing Military customer expectations to ensure a happy customer with regard to Military Repair Logistics.
- BS in Engineering, Business, Technology, or Management
- 15+ years of engineering or manufacturing experience
- 10+ years experience in leadership and project management, with 5+ years in a direct supervisory role
- US citizenship due to government program requirements
- Advanced degree
- Experience with manufacturing processes such as, machining, plating, plasma spray, welding or brazing
- Solid record of demonstrated leadership and successful project management
- High energy force for change while delivering to existing commitments
- Demonstrated experience in developing teams
- Excellent business discernment
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization
- Aerospace industry experience
- Experience with direct interaction with US Government customers
- Experience formulating and negotiating US Government contracts
- Demonstrated understanding of Earned Value Management
- Ability to craft clear communication and build meaningful relationships
- Analytical Skills
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01342367
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Manager-Military Repair
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US