MC&O - PDC - Product Delivery Center Operations Co-op
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10243
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01342827 Date posted 08/16/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
At Pratt & Whitney Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Product Line Management is responsible for overall Delivery, Cost & Quality of the 30K & V2500 programs. Product Line Management serves as the liaison between program office and production. The team works with Materials, Quality & Engineering organizations to ensure Quality, Cost and on time Delivery for the engine programs. The team owns and drives war on cost initiatives and creates monthly/yearly plan for the program working closely with program office and program industrial group.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Job assignments may include, but aren't limited to the following:
- Manage the sunset activity on legacy engines including the teardown, tooling sale and retirement of equipment
- Help with the production meetings, risk assessment and operations escalation process
- Assist with the materials allocation to ensure that both engine centers are meeting their production starts plan, identifying risk and working with the suppliers to develop and execute solutions
- Help the rework module process, set-up standard work on how modules are reworked, and improve the turn time on the rework steps
- Participate in ACE initiatives supporting the achievement of meeting the ACE 12.2 criteria. (ACE projects may include: Process Certification & Management, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, QCPC/Root-Cause Analysis and Set-Up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing)
Significant interaction with the hourly work force, tool designers, tooling suppliers, quality assurance, Integrated Product Teams, systems designers, Information Systems, and program assembly partners are typical of the position.
The co-op will be given a specific process improvement task to take ownership of, and progress to completion throughout their tenure.
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Business or Technical field.
- You will have at least 30 credits prior to starting your Co-op
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- A working-knowledge of Excel, Value Stream Mapping, Standard operating procedures, Root-Cause Analysis and Set-Up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing is desired.
- Demonstrable experience in data analysis, problem solving, and solution implementation.
- Proven leadership skills exercised at all levels - individual, team, organization.
- Project management experience; able to deliver results on time and under budget.
- Technical customer relations skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01342827
Community / Marketing Title: MC&O - PDC - Product Delivery Center Operations Co-op
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US