F135 Project Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10230
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01343164 Date posted 08/15/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Do you want to be a part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation? Would you like to do work that leaves a positive impact on the clients it serves? Well at Pratt & Whitney youâ€ll have to opportunity to do just that. We help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. Our customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a F135 Project Engineer. You will support our F135 Military Program with the Global Services Engineering (GSE) Military Repair Group organization. The Military Group provides repair design, program management, tool development, source demonstration, and project engineering support for the full range of Pratt & Whitney Military engines.
As Project Engineer you will:
- Collaborate with the technical and program management team to secure priorities and understand programmatic issues.
- Work with RDE, Structures, CIPT and External Disciplines to establish and update commit dates.
- Ensure repair tasks are properly planned with achievable schedule based on program priorities.
- Maintain task ownership from post tech data delivery milestone through final publication.
- Monitor tasks to facilitate completion to planned schedule and budget.
- Maintain task lists and appropriate workload distribution among team and outsource members.
- Present status to internal and external customers.
10% travel is anticipated
- BS in Engineering and 4+years of mechanical design, manufacturing, or project engineering experience OR MS in Engineering with 3+ years of mechanical design, manufacturing, or project engineering experience
- US Citizenship due to government contracts
- BS in Mechanical, Aerospace or Materials Engineering
- Defense industry experience
- Experience with Hardware design
- Experience with manufacturing processes such as, machining, plating, plasma spray, welding or brazing
- Ability to work in a diverse group while effectively managing numerous projects
- Positive relationships
- Ability to craft clear communication
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Analytical skills
- Provide creative solutions
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01343164
Community / Marketing Title: F135 Project Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US