Data Modeler, Analytics and Forecasting
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10224
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01344175 Date posted 08/15/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Data Modeler, Analytics and Forecasting
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
To maintain Pratt & Whitneyâ€s 90+ year legacy of Dependable Engines Powering Freedom, the forecasting group within Military Engines is tasked with modeling engine and component removals and subsequent maintenance. The output of these models provides long term estimates of engine maintenance and material required to support this maintenance.
The Analytics & Insights team within Forecasting is seeking an analyst to collaborate with forecasters and internal customers to enhance the current modeling process, and deliver predictive and prescriptive analytics.
You should show up on your first day being able to:
- Gather, clean, and validate data.
- Recommend multiple approaches to an analytics project.
- Communicate effectively with teammates and customers.
- Plan and execute an analytics project from concept to delivery.
Within your first 90 days you will have:
- Executed a simulation model of jet engine utilization and logistics support processes.
- Analyzed results to understand sensitivity to variables and evaluate support system performance.
- Organized simulation results in effective presentations for customers and management.
- Completed a well-documented first pass of an analytics study aimed at improving the forecasting process.
Within your first year you will have:
- Brainstormed completely new ideas for analytics projects and forecasting improvements.
- Taken advantage of Pratt & Whitneyâ€s generous time off policy to take a vacation!
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Basic Qualifications:
- Due to our government contracts, all applicants must be US Citizens
- 5+ years of experience in computer based, mathematical modeling processes as applied to simulation modeling and analysis
- Advanced degree; Masters or PhD
- Experience with MCA or other Supply Chain Management / inventory optimization tool
- Experience with Simulation, Modeling, Discrete Event Simulation, Queuing Theory, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Data Science, Data Analytics, Data Mining, Data Visualization, C++, Python, R, or SQL considered a plus
- Familiarity with optimization is a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01344175
Community / Marketing Title: Data Modeler, Analytics and Forecasting
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US