Senior Aftermarket Product Manager - Pratt & Whitney
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10214
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01342238 Date posted 08/14/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. Youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
The sky has no limits.
Pratt & Whitney, a United Technologies Corp. company (NYSE:UTX), is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines and auxiliary power units.
In 1925, Frederick Rentschler founded Pratt & Whitney in Hartford, Connecticut. Our ï¬rst aircraft engine transformed the aviation industry.
It was the 410-horsepower, airÂcooled Wasp, which delivered unprecedented performance and reliability for the time.
We have been leading change ever since.
Today, Pratt & Whitney develops groundbreaking technologies for the future, such as the PurePowerÂ PW1000G engine, with patented Geared Turbofan engine technology. P&W's worldwide large commercial engine maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) network provides creative services which not only add new value but delight customers around the globe.
Our large commercial engines power more than 25 percent of the world's mainline passenger fleet. The company continues to develop new engines and work with its partners in International Aero Engines (IAE) and the Engine Alliance to meet airline customers' future needs.
This is a rare opportunity for you with our Commercial Engines Transactional Aftermarket organization as the PW4000 Senior Product Manager.
Are you a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic/team cross functional matrix environment working with both internal and external customers.
If yes, we would love to hear from you!
Your responsibilities include:
- Analyzing, acquiring and managing serviceable inventory across the PW4000 product lines and providing timely support, delivery and service to our customers
- Achieve an appropriate inventory parts mix to optimize sales and profit while energetically leading improvement in inventory turnover
- Partner directly with the associate director, Inventory and Acquisitions and product, purchasing and sales team members to develop serviceable part inventory forecasts
- Preparing business plans to purchase gas turbine engines, modules or inventory lots for teardown, overhaul and resale
- Developing strategic plans that enable CSA to grow our business/market share and improve our competitive advantage
- Working special projects and analyses to burn down current inventory levels while fully supporting market requirements
- Leading the Excess and Obsolete process in concert with all Global Service Partner (GSP) businesses to mitigate write-off risk and identify sales opportunities
- Utilize SAP to identify and select parts to overhaul
- Meet team objectives by providing cross-functional mentorship to a group of technical, quality, purchasing, sales, finance and operations employees to ensure appropriate requirements are planned and executed
- Bachelorâ€s degree in a science, technology, engineering, mathematics and/or business field of study with 10+ years' OR an Advanced degree and 8 years' experience inclusive of MRO aftermarket operations and/or spare part management within the airline/aerospace/defense industries
- Extensive familiarity with PW4168 engines as well as working level knowledge of the detailed part numbers installed in a typical PW4168 engine
- A deep understanding of gas turbine engine manuals, service bulletins (SBs), airworthiness directives (ADs) and engine inspection records
- Familiarity with SAP and Business Warehouse applications
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with contracts and purchase agreements
- Proficient in lean principles, Six Sigma or ACE Certified or working toward certification
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01342238
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Aftermarket Product Manager - Pratt & Whitney
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US