F135 CIP Deputy Program Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10195
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01343666 Date posted 08/14/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
F135 CIP Deputy Program Manager (P3)
Job Description Summary
Pratt & Whitney Military Engines is seeking a Deputy Program Manager to support the CIP Program Manager in the execution of the F135 Component Improvement Program (CIP). The F135 CIP Deputy Manager is a key focal point in the day to day direction and operation of the F135 Development activities. The F135 CIP program consists of projects that address critical program needs related to the improvement of system-level safety, reliability, maintainability, durability, operability, supportability, and affordability. In this role, the successful candidate will work closely with key Pratt & Whitney Military Engine stakeholders from various functional organizations and US Government to develop and execute tasks that are crucial to the continued success of the F135 Program. The Component Improvement program works with the U.S. Department of Defense, 8 partner nations, and a growing list of foreign military sales customers. This role will require meeting deadlines in a dynamic, fast paced business environment while maintaining world-class compliance, corporate standards, and customer relationships. The ideal candidate will have exceptional teamwork skills, ambition, initiative, the ability to work well under pressure, and demonstrated business judgment in handling matters in uncertain business situations.
This position supports the following focus areas:
- Communicate and Coordinate CIPT program deliverables
- Monitor established schedules and follow through on CIPT timely execution to meet deadlines and commitments â€" hardware for engine test, design reviews
- Support Monthly business rhythm â€" EV, IMS, CDRLs
- Develop presentations and communications related to F135 CIP projects
- Support Quarterly Technical Reviews and Program Meetings (Crystal Ball and Roadmap)
- Support creation of template, agendas, action items, and schedule
- Meet with CIPTs to review draft presentations for accuracy, design
- CIP Proposal Support
- Provide assistance with timeline and CIPT deliverables to meet proposal schedule including review of Basis of Estimates
- Provide support on general CDRL deliverables
Do you have what it takes to join our team?
- 5+ years of overall work experience with 3+ years of experience in program/project management
- Experience with Earned Value Management and Integrated Master Schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Office application knowledge such as MS Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail
- Experience with creation and presentation material to cross-functional teams
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01343666
Community / Marketing Title: F135 CIP Deputy Program Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US