Supplier Metallurgical Control Specialist - Indiana
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10184
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01342500 Date posted 08/13/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? Are you looking for a remote work at home opportunity? Are you self-directed and able to manage your own schedule to meet business requirements? Â If so, we want to hear from you.Â
We are looking for a Supplier Metallurgical Control Specialist to be based in Indiana (preferably Indianapolis area).
- Review and approve suppliersâ€ systems for chemical and metallurgical process control
- Conduct product and process reviews/audits at a diverse population of suppliers
- Review and approve suppliersâ€ metallurgical and chemical processes
- Actively participate in any chemical metallurgical issues/investigations at suppliers that could impact P&W
- Conduct training on P&W quality material control system requirements at various suppliers
- Participate in approval of engineering controlled processes for critical applications
- Partner with other P&W business units towards improving supplier overall quality
- Assist supplier with non-conformance documentation preparation and act as a resource/coach for related root cause corrective action investigations
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities
- Participate on various team audits and manufacturing process reviews
- Travel may be up to 30%
- Bachelorâ€s Degree in Material Science/Engineering or other Engineering discipline
- 4+ years of experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, and/or Aerospace
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Previous experience working with suppliers Â preferred
- Familiarity with the following:
-Testing and control of raw materials, finished product, and processing ensuring compliance with company standards and applicable government regulations.
- Chemical/Metallurgical Processes, i.e., laser machining. Electro-discharge machining, electro-chemical grinding, brazing, coatings, welding, heat treatment, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels of the organization
- A highly motivated self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01342500
Community / Marketing Title: Supplier Metallurgical Control Specialist - Indiana
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US