ENG - MSEN - NACELLE DESIGN INTEGRATION ENGINEER
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10178
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01337565 Date posted 08/12/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a division of United Technologies Corporation, is a leader in the manufacturing of military and commercial jet engines. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. We are helping build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The Mechanical Systems, Externals and Nacelles (MSEN) Module Center is looking for a Design Integration (DI) Engineer to work mechanical design integration of Pratt & Whitney's Geared Turbo Fan Propulsion System Components including the Nacelle, Engine Mounts, and EBU. The DI Engineer will represent NEI when working with technical teams from Nacelle Suppliers, Airframe Manufacturers, Engine Systems and Component Integrated Product Teams to deliver design solutions that meet the technical requirements for the delivered propulsion system.
Key activities include:
1) Participate in multi-disciplined PW/supplier/airframe teams to meet technical, development, and production requirements.
2) Ensure aspects of design, product definition, Engineering Standard Work (ESW), design reviews/requirements are met in a timely manner.
3) Coordinate Engineering Changes that follow PW Product Review/CCB gated procedures.
4) Overseeing Bills of Materials (BOMs)
5) Providing work summaries and statuses to CIPTs
6) Overseeing Outsourcing packages, including Statement of Work, and coordinating with vendors to provide quality results.
7) Supporting trade studies, coordinating exchange of technical data and resolving design issues.
8) Defining technical requirements for Propulsion System Component Specifications and Technical Requirement Documents Travel to Airframe and Nacelle Suppliers required (0-10%).
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts .
- You're in an accredited four year degree program and are entering or currently in your last year.
- Fields of study are: BS in Engineering required. MS in Engineering is a plus
- You are graduating by Summer 2020
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
How about any of these Preferred Qualifications?
- Entry-level Co-op/internship experience
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and proven track record of collaboration, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01337565
Community / Marketing Title: ENG - MSEN - NACELLE DESIGN INTEGRATION ENGINEER
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US