Central Operations Manager, Government Security Compliance
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10176
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01341791 Date posted 08/12/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
The Central Operations (CO) Manager of Government Security Compliance (GSC) will be responsible a variety of security functions. This role will also serve as the Facility Security Officer (FSO) and functioning Insider Threat Program Manager for Pratt & Whitney Military Aftermarket Services, Inc. handling all FSO responsibilities such as briefings, refreshers, Self-Inspections, Suspicious Contact Reports, Formal Cognizant Security Agency Inspection preparation, and additional security duties as required.
When hired, you will provide security support to the Enclave FSO of Pratt & Whitney and all subordinate FSOâ€s at the various P&W sites including; Maine, Connecticut, Alabama, Florida, and Puerto Rico. Support functions will also be administrative â€" providing reports, data requests, tracking data and assisting with self-inspections and formal Security Vulnerability Assessments (SVAâ€s).
Lastly, you will supervise personnel who support clearance processing, domestic and international visit processing, Common Access Card requests, Adverse tracing of all reportable activity among cleared personnel, Security Education and Awareness, Investigations (both Collateral and Special Access Programs), and Technology Control Plans.
- Ensure full compliance with all National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) policies and various other USG regulations and processes.
- Implementing various USG policy updates and changes into the CO standard work and implement changes across P&W Divisions.
- Provide monthly budget updates, and annual planning of two cost centers with a budget of 11 Million Dollars.
- Support various projects and system updates and implementations.
The position will provide security support to a multitude of customers and work locations, thus, efficiency and attention to detail, while maintaining positive communication is critical.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree required. Preferred fields of study include Management, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement Administration or a related discipline with a focus on Security Education, Training and Awareness
- You are a U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree required
- You hold an active US Government Security Clearance
- You have 2 or more years of experience supporting Program Management, Project Management, or Government Compliance Activities
- You have 3 or more years of experience responsible for Government Security Compliance or managing Facility Security Officer activities
- Expert ability to clearly, concisely and effectively communicate complex technical information and deliver briefings to senior staff
- You have an intense passion for technology and an ability to learn quickly staying abreast of cutting edge technology, industry leading techniques and other skill sets
- Strong analytical, project management, problem-solving, interpersonal, leadership skills
- Proven effective utilization of Six-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) and a history of driving process improvements. Associate Certification is strongly preferred
- You're a dynamic problem solver with the ability to craft solutions to everyday challenges with creative new ideas
- Self-starter with willingness to take initiative, support strategic priorities, take ownership of assigned projects/initiatives and contribute to results and ability to work with a minimum supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and solid track record of teamwork, adaptability, innovation and initiative
- You are comfortable working with Microsoft Office and SAP
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01341791
Community / Marketing Title: Central Operations Manager, Government Security Compliance
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US